These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Tilapia with Olive Salsa
From Champaign, OH
<p>A delicious and quick meal for busy nights.</p>Source: Julia Gibson - www.minivandreams.com (Entered by Julia Gibson)
Step by Step Instructions
- In medium nonstick skillet, over medium heat, combine onion and green onions. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and olives. Stir and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and dried parsley. Stir to incorporate.
- Remove salsa from pan and place in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and stir. Set aside.
- Using a paper towel, wipe skillet clean.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add tilapia fillets to skillet. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes. While cooking, gently push fillets around skillet a bit to keep from sticking.
- Turn the fillets over.
- Sprinkle second side with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings