These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Asian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
<p>Here’s a twist on rolled lasagna, Asian-style. A bit of fussing to set them up, but then into a pan and out of sight and mind while baking. Low fat, high flavor!</p>Source: babble.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare marinaded tofu (see recipe section for Ginger Garlic Marinade)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare your filling by combing your tofu, carrots, rice, garlic, ginger, onion, tamari), sesame oil, chili sauce or red pepper flakes (optional) and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Take the leaves from your cabbage and roll with a rolling pin to make leaves more pliable.
- Add filling to your leaves and tightly and carefully roll up and place side by side in a large baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup of water over cabbage and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in your preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until completely cooked through. Serve with juices from baking dish and additional chili sauce.
- Time saving tip: Prepare rolls ahead of time (without water) and refrigerate until ready for baking.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings