These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Zesty Quinoa Salad
<p>Healthy “Kenn-Wah” salad is great alone or as a side dish.</p>Source: Conway Regional Culinary Wellness Team (Entered by Conway Regional)
Serves: 4-6 as a side dish, or many as an appetizer
Step by Step Instructions
- Rinse Quinoa well. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.
- Optional Additions: Diced Avocado, Grilled Corn, or Shredded Chicken
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings